House Fire Victim Shares Her Story

Only working smoke alarms help save lives.

Linda Buchan knows this too well. In 1998, then 18-year-old Ms Buchman did not have a smoke detector in her home when a heater sparked a fire in her bedroom. She suffered inhalation injuries including brain damage. Her sister died.

Fire and Rescue NSW has teamed up with house fire survivor Linda ­Buchan to make a video that encourages residents to install photoelectric smoke alarms.

See Linda’s story here.

(Source: Herald Sun, 26 June 2016)